Each person and place tells a story. It is up to me to see and hear these stories and freeze them in time to be retold again and again.
My degree in speech education and masters in theatre give added dimension to my art of photography. I’ve been trained to see the beauty of lighting, color, setting, relationships and the stories they tell. I’ve also learned how to communicate with people to bring out their best and make them comfortable. You tell your best stories in the best way when you are at ease and enjoying the process! I will be there to capture it!
The approach I use is classic with a modern edge. It is important to me that your pictures look timeless in beauty while capturing the essence of here and now. I consider portrait journalism my style – a combination of photojournalism and traditional portraiture/posing. This means that when life is happening I can blend into the background and capture the candid moments. But when the time is right I will also help lead you into poses that are natural and show you off at your best!
I was born, raised, and currently live in Colorado Springs, CO. It is only natural to want to pick up a camera when surrounded by such majestic beauty! Here are a few things that are important to me, have shaped who I am, and inspire me in my art:
- God – Because of His saving grace and love each moment of every day has purpose and beauty!
- Family – I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and aunt to some of the best people in the world! They love and encourage me like no one else can.
- Travel – Even though my home base has always been Colorado Springs, I’ve had the privilege of traveling through Europe, parts of Asia, and living in West Africa. The people and cultures around the world excite me to no end!
- Details – The smallest item may tell the biggest story. It might be a sideways glance, a tiny flower, that gentle touch, or a wisp of hair caught by a breeze that communicate in subtle and important ways.
- Learning – Living life means one should never stop learning. I live with a list of books and topics that I want to read, learn more about, and master.
- Outdoors – Surrounded by all this fresh mountain air I can’t get enough of hiking, biking, rock climbing, skiing, and running.
- I also love poetry, plays, dessert, journaling, sparkles, rainbows, and my laptop!